23 Empowering Quotes For Heart-Centered Creatives
Being a heart-centered creative is one of the greatest gifts you can give to the world. Developing a heart-centered business is the process of aligning your professional work with your passions, purpose, and the profit structure of your industry. Doing this not only lets you have a more fulfilling career, reduces mental health stressors, and gives you a viable income, but it empowers other creatives to pursue a profession that aligns with their heart and soul as well.
Starting your journey as a conscious creative is exciting and energizing however, choosing to pursue a heart-centered business is far from easy, as I’ve learned through my experience launching Conscious Growth. You may be met with resistance from your friends and family for choosing an unexpected career. Society may give you some push back for going against the status quo. But without a doubt, the biggest obstacle you’ll encounter when walking the path of a heart-centered creative is yourself.
We are often the most significant roadblock in our own lives. Self-doubt, shame, imposter syndrome, and insecurity have a tendency to destroy our progress and lead to burnout if we’re not cognizant of them. Staying motivated can be extremely difficult when the internal narratives in our heads are constantly causing us to second-guess every move we make.
I’ve found that the best way to change these internal narratives is to fill your mind with positive content that reminds you to practice grace, perseverance, and balance. Gaining insights from those who have been in similar situations will help you stay motivated and focused on your journey to fulfillment! So without further ado, here are 23 empowering quotes to inspire heart-centered creatives:
Bonus: I’ve included 3 phone wallpapers with my favorite quotes on this list that you can download so you can take this inspiration with you wherever you go!
Heart-Centered Creative Quotes
1. "You are where you are today because you stand on somebody's shoulders. And wherever you are heading, you cannot get there by yourself. If you stand on the shoulders of others, you have a reciprocal responsibility to live your life so that others may stand on your shoulders. It's the quid pro quo of life. We exist temporarily through what we take, but we live forever through what we give." - Vernon Jordan
2. “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” - Confucius
3. “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” -Maya Angelou
4. “Real success means creating a life of meaning through service that fulfills your reason for being here.” -Oprah Winfrey
5. “I have seen business moguls achieve their ultimate goals but still live in frustration, worry, and fear. What’s preventing these successful people from being happy? The answer is they have focused only on achievement and not fulfillment. Extraordinary accomplishment does not guarantee extraordinary joy, happiness, love, and a sense of meaning. These two skill sets feed off each other and make me believe that success without fulfillment is failure.” -Tony Robbins
6. "I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them." - Madam C.J. Walker
7. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." -Steve Jobs
8. “Well, I always know what I want. And when you know what you want – you go toward it. Sometimes you go very fast, and sometimes only an inch a year. Perhaps you feel happier when you go fast. I don’t know. I’ve forgotten the difference long ago, because it really doesn’t matter, so long as you move.” -Ayn Rand
9. "You are not your resume, you are your work.”- Seth Godin
10. “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” -Theodore Roosevelt
11. “Occasionally in life, there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meanings can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
12. “Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” -Viktor Frankl
13. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
14. “There is no greater suffering than constantly measuring yourself and coming up short, except perhaps the realization that your suffering is hurting others. But where do we learn these things? Because, really, they are learned. We don’t come crying out of the womb because of our birth weight or because we have no money in this brand new world. We learn to measure and we learn to attach our self-worth to those measurements.” -Vironika Tugaleva
15. “Life is a promise; fulfill it.” -Mother Teresa
16. “Every day I wake up and ask myself, ‘How can I accept myself and others more fully?” -Alaric Hutchinson
17. "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat." -Lily Tomlin
18. "Someone once told me that 'time' is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again." -Jean-Luc Picard
19. "Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those doing it.”- Chinese Proverb
20. “When we accept ourselves for what we are, we decrease our hunger for power or the acceptance of others because our self-intimacy reinforces our inner sense of security. We are no longer preoccupied with being powerful or popular. We no longer fear criticism because we accept the reality of our human limitations. Once integrated, we are less often plagued with the desire to please others because simply being true to ourselves brings lasting peace. We are grateful for life and we deeply appreciate and love ourselves.” -Brennan Manning
21. "People inspire you or they drain you -- pick them wisely."- Hans F. Hansen
22. “There is virtue in work and there is virtue in rest. Use both and overlook neither.” -Alan Cohen
23. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” -Brené Brown
Grow Your Heart-Centered Business
I hope these empowering quotes provided you with some inspiration to keep going on your journey as a heart-centered creative. We need your light more than ever, so be kind to yourself and keep going!
If you’re looking for ways to grow your online visibility so you can reach more people with your gifts, contact me to discuss how ethical marketing can benefit your business.